Download and run the IJ Scan Utility on a Windows computer. Easily scan documents to your Windows computer with the Canon IJ Scan Utility. Learn how to download and launch this software that’s included with your printer drivers.
IJ Scan Utility on a Windows computer
Steps to download the IJ Scan Utility
- Go to the Canon Support page to follow these steps.
- Enter your scanner model in the Enter a model text box. Select your model from the dropdown list, then select Go.
- Under Drivers & Downloads, make sure that the correct operating system is selected in the dropdown.
- In the Drivers tab, find the MP Drivers for your device, and select the Select button on the right.
Note: The IJ Scan Utility is included in the MP Drivers package.
- Select the Download button to save the file to your computer.
- Once the download is complete, double-click the downloaded file to begin the installation.
- Follow the prompts during installation until complete.
How to Launch the IJ Scan Utility?
To run, select IJ Scan Utility in the appropriate location.
Windows 10: From the Start menu, select All Apps > Canon Utilities > IJ Scan Utility. If you do not see this, type IJ Scan Utility in the search bar.
Windows 8: Select IJ Scan Utility on the Start screen. (If IJ Scan Utility is not displayed on the Start screen, select the Search charm, then search for “IJ Scan Utility”.)
Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP: From the Start menu, select All Programs > Canon Utilities > IJ Scan Utility > IJ Scan Utility to start IJ Scan Utility.
If you do not see IJ Scan Utility in the Start menu, it can be found here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\IJ Scan Utility\SCANUTILITY.EXE